Back-end Developer - Platform
Halifax, NS or Toronto, ON
Who we are
Affinio is an award-winning marketing intelligence platform that leverages the interest graph to understand today’s consumer. We empower the world’s leading brands, agencies, media companies, and publishers to redefine the way they research, plan, and execute marketing strategies.
Affinio is looking for a talented web-stack Software Developer to join our Platform team.
What you'll be doing
- Building features on our client-facing platform and API
- Working alongside a team of talented front-end, back-end, and data developers. We strive for code pairing and peer review, and we hope you do, too!
- Developing systems backend architectures to help users create and access Affinio data
- Exploring and leveraging new datasets and sources to improve our audience reporting capabilities
- Working with and setting up multiple database types (SQL, NoSQL) and schemas to support our datasets
What we're looking for
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years in web-stack software development
- Deep competency with a back-end language or two. The more functional, the better. (We mostly write in Scala at Affinio, but many of us come from Java backgrounds. If you’re curious if this is for you, just ask!)
- Familiarity with cloud service architectures, such as Azure or AWS
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing tools and techniques
- Experience with API-building and knowledge of best-practices
- Experience dealing with large datasets
- An insatiable desire to document and test code
Perks of the job
- Space-age data tech. You’ll be working on the newest and most unexplored frontiers of data on the web.
- Your dream setup: OSX, Linux, or Win - we make sure you'll be working on a top-of-the-line machine, just the way you like it.
- Flexible work hours: Early birds and midnight-oil-burners rejoice!
If this sounds like you and you’re looking to join the Affinio team, please submit your resume and cover letter. This posting will remain open until filled.Apply Now
* Employment will be conditional on consent to and the satisfactory review of a background check.