Quality Assurance Engineer
Halifax, NS or Toronto, ON
Who we are
Affinio is an award-winning marketing intelligence platform that leverages the interest graph to understand today’s consumer. We empower the world’s leading brands, agencies, media companies, and publishers to redefine the way they research, plan, and execute marketing strategies.
Affinio is seeking an experienced QA Engineer who with knowledge of technical aspects of software development. You should be able to quickly grasp the principles and intricacies of complex web-stack applications, and be able to identify and report accurately on issues that could make our users unhappy, while also helping diagnose issues found in the field. You should be comfortable working on a small self-organizing team with your peers in Development, Product Management, Project Management, etc. and also be comfortable participating in a vibrant community of users. You should bring some knowledge of technical aspects of software development such as programming, APIs, shells and the command line. Automated browser testing experience with selenium/webdriver is a plus. You should be comfortable writing and executing test plans and enjoy doing both manual blackbox and whitebox testing.
The Affinio Engineering Team is responsible for building, launching, and expanding our award-winning web platform and API. The Quality Assurance Engineer will report to VP, Engineering and be a key member of a growing and innovative technology team.
What you'll be doing
- Owning manual test processes across our platform and API
- Participating in feature and project plans with stakeholders to identify, define, and refine requirements for acceptance tests
- Advise team members on quality concerns and support them in improving design and development practices
- Vocal participation in design reviews, technical specification reviews, and test plan reviews with an eye for dependencies and corner cases and the ability to influence and contribute to feature design
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven analytical skills and an exploratory nature
- Service focused, impact driven
- Proven ability to identify and drive solutions to quality issues and concerns
- A passion for quality and attention to detail
- Experience on teams using agile methodology and tools such as issue tracking software and code repositories
- General experience testing APIs and web-facing user interfaces
- Knowledge of automated testing, including unit testing, integration testing, and browser testing with selenium/webdriver is a plus
- Experience in exploratory and manual testing
- Understanding of behaviour-driven testing and user-focused design principles
- Technical writing and documentation experience
Perks of the job
- Space-age data tech. You’ll be working on the newest and most unexplored frontiers of data on the web.
- Your dream setup: OSX, Linux, or Win - we make sure you'll be working on a top-of-the-line machine, just the way you like it.
- Flexible work hours: Early birds and midnight-oil-burners rejoice!
If this sounds like you and you’re looking to join the Affinio team, please submit your resume and cover letter. This posting will remain open until filled.Apply Now
* Employment will be conditional on consent to and the satisfactory review of a background check.