Technical Project Manager
Halifax, NS or Toronto, ON
Who we are
Affinio is an award-winning marketing intelligence platform that leverages the interest graph to understand today’s consumer. We empower the world’s leading brands, agencies, media companies, and publishers to redefine the way they research, plan, and execute marketing strategies.
Affinio is expanding its talented Engineering team by adding a Technical Project Manager. The successful candidate will be an organized, detail-oriented individual with experience working on software teams, who will be able to provide oversight and direction for multiple projects, and deliver results under highly-coordinated deadlines. This will entail creating project roadmaps, managing task plans as well as helping to do resource estimates in order to hit the team's goals.
The Affinio Engineering Team is responsible for building, launching, and expanding our award-winning web platform and API. The Technical Project Manager will report to VP, Engineering and be a key member of a growing and innovative technology team.
What you'll be doing
- Plan, coordinate, and manage cross-functional projects from initiation through closure
- Work with Developers and product stakeholders to build and enforce project timelines
- Coordinate and communicate project acceptance criteria between stakeholders and developers
- Assess, prioritize and track progress on project deliverables to ensure on-time delivery
- Manage dependencies between multiple projects and resolve conflicts
- Analyze problems, propose solutions, and implement improvements in business operations and technical processes
- Work with and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders in the other groups at Affinio
- Ensure that geographically dispersed teams communicate effectively based on a broad understanding of the organization
- Anticipate risks and manage them proactively to ensure timely project completion
What we're looking for
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of project management work experience
- Experience building Gantt Charts or other time-management and estimation tools
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation, organizational and planning skills
- Strong team player that enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and can work effectively with peers across functions
- Highly responsible, self-disciplined, creative, and confident
- Excellent analytical skills and high aptitude with ability to learn quickly
- Proven track record of collaboration and interpersonal skills to build, support and lead cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and tools such as issue tracking software and code repositories.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) is preferred
- Understanding of fundamentals of web-stack development
Perks of the job
- Space-age data tech. You’ll be working on the newest and most unexplored frontiers of data on the web.
- Your dream setup: OSX, Linux, or Win - we make sure you'll be working on a top-of-the-line machine, just the way you like it.
- Flexible work hours: Early birds and midnight-oil-burners rejoice!
If this sounds like you and you’re looking to join the Affinio team, please submit your resume and cover letter. This posting will remain open until filled.Apply Now
* Employment will be conditional on consent to and the satisfactory review of a background check.