VP, Customer Success
Location: Flexible. NYC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, preferred.
Who we are
Affinio is an award-winning marketing intelligence platform that leverages the interest graph to understand today’s consumer. We empower the world’s leading brands, agencies, media companies, and publishers to redefine the way they research, plan, and execute marketing strategies.
The VP, Customer Success leverages deep business and industry knowledge to partner with our enterprise customers to accelerate business value and ROI. You will align at the executive level, building and maintaining strong relationships to help our customers progress on their transformation journey. You will become a trusted advisor to our largest customers, orchestrating our Success services. In this key leadership role, you will be working with Affinio’s ace Customer Success and Support & Training teams to drive customer adoption and success by bringing best practice, innovations and capabilities to customers, aligning these to the customer’s business goals. The end result is increased customer satisfaction, value, retention, and ultimately expansion of the Affinio’s footprint.
What you'll be doing
- Lead C-level stakeholders towards identifying their vision by evangelizing the capabilities of Affinio across all of our verticals.
- Identify new opportunities, collaborating with the Sales team and leading the Renewals team to ensure full renewal, continued growth and increased footprint.
- Partner with customers to establish a transformational Business Roadmap / Blueprint to ensure achievement of business goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Success, Product, Marketing and Sales teams and the Affinio Leadership Team to effectively network within accounts from the C-Level down in order to achieve successful execution of the customer’s strategy and roadmap.
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the Sales, Success and Product teams to build a risk mitigation plan or escalate as needed.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map Affinio features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Contribute thought leadership and best practice, both internally and externally, around business transformation. Partner with customers to establish and manage their Change Management / Governance / Centre of Excellence programs.
- Serve as a customer advocate in driving industry best practices and the evolution of Affinio product functionality.
- Own the Customer Journey. Define, lead and optimize the Affino Customer Lifecycle by developing listening points in the journey, standardizing interventions for each point in the journey, defining customer segmentation and identifying and executing on opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key stakeholders within our accounts, where appropriate, by networking between customers, partners and Affinio teams.
- Prescribe the right resources (Accelerators / Specialists, Advisory Services, Strategic Projects, Customer Support, Training and more) and work with customers to ensure they are leveraging these to be successful.
- In lockstep with the Affinio Leadership team, develop and lead a culture of Customer Success across the company, driving the definition of the ideal customer and creating a company-wide customer feedback loop.
- Develop and lead all Affinio Customer Success activities, processes and teams, including Onboarding, Training, Customer Support, Customer Success Management, Renewals, Adoption, Advocacy, Metrics and Measurements.
What we're looking for
- BA/BS degree, MSc preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years relevant work experience with 5-7 years demonstrated success in a Customer Success leadership role.
- Deep strategic advisory skills. A credible and effective C-level advisor and coach, especially around change management (cultural, technical and business).
- Strong Consulting skills and proven results working as a trusted advisor to drive business value for clients or stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing technologies and benefits, with a deep understanding of value drivers in a recurring revenue business model.
- Strong knowledge of business processes (Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Software Engineering, Service & Support), business applications and automation.
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog.
- An understanding of the fundamental technologies behind Martech, including programmatic, DMP, DSP and SSP models is a definite asset.
- Flexibility for travel (30-50%).
- Strong creative and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to translate complex technical topics into easy to understand language.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong operational and diplomatic skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, tenacity and a willingness to execute on tactical requirements.
- A well-developed sense of humour.
If this sounds like you and you’re looking to join the Affinio team, please submit your resume and cover letter. This posting will remain open until filled.Apply Now
* Employment will be conditional on consent to and the satisfactory review of a background check.